EMPLOYMENT VACANCIES 2021
WYNDHAM CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Wyndham Christian College (WCC) is currently seeking to employ a chaplain to join our dynamic team. The position is part time (0.4), commencing from the beginning of Term 1, 2021.
WCC commenced in 2019 with 100 students from Prep-Year 4. Year 5 commenced in 2020 and Year 6 will commence in 2021. An enrolment of up to 300 students is anticipated in 2021. The vision of the school is to grow to be a large P-12 school of 1500 students over the next few years. This position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic chaplain to be a key part of the growth and development of this new vibrant school.
At WCC we believe in a holistic education where academic learning is balanced with the pursuit of emotional, social, spiritual and physical wellbeing. Our vision statement of “Growing in Christ, Striving for Excellence, Influencing the World” underpins everything that we do at HCC.
The School Chaplain is to provide pastoral care, general religious and personal advice and comfort to the members of the Wyndham Christian College community, (staff, students and families).
The School Chaplain:
- Counsels students, acting upon requests by parents or by reference via the Executive Principal, Head of Campus and teachers
- Assist with organising the fortnightly primary worship/chapel services
- Is a visible presence in the College and provides positive support to staff, students and families
- Assist in the planning and presentation of any activities that may address needs for small groups of parents e.g. parenting/grief
- Liaises with the Head of Campus in the visiting of students, staff and families in hospital/suffering bereavement/or who have experienced special events
- Attends staff devotions and staff meetings
- Works with primary students on bullying and resilience issues, both individually and in small group and class settings
- Attend CSA Chaplains network meetings where possible
- Keeps a record of all chaplaincy sessions on Compass.
All staff at Wyndham Christian College must subscribe wholeheartedly to the Heatherton Christian College Statement of Faith (view by clicking on this link) and be active Christians with church involvement.
How to apply
To be considered for this position please include the following with your application:
- A cover letter of no more than one page.
- Curriculum Vitae containing employment history, educational qualifications and the contact details of three professional referees.
- A summary, of up to three A4 pages, of the specific skills and attributes you would bring to the role.
- A current reference letter from your Church pastor or minister.
Applications must be addressed and emailed to the Head of Campus, Mrs Jennifer Trodden email@example.com and cc’d to the Executive Principal of Wyndham and Heatherton Christian College Mr Peter Cliffe firstname.lastname@example.org
A confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of emailing your application, please contact the school on (03) 87404770.
For further information please contact the Head of Campus, Mrs Jennifer Trodden, during office hours on (03) 87404770.
Wyndham Christian College is a child-safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees will be required to comply with the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Wyndham Christian College is a campus of Heatherton Christian College. Any policy and procedure of Heatherton Christian College also applies at Wyndham Christian College.
Monday 17 August, 4:00pm.
If you are interested in CRT work please email the Head of Campus, Mrs Jennifer Trodden, email@example.com