In Visual Arts students explore and develop skills using a variety of different materials and techniques within the areas of drawing, painting, sculpture and construction, clay, textiles, mixed media and printmaking. Art theory, history, artists, cultural connections and appreciation are also taught through art making activities.
In the Early Years, art lessons are based around the elements that develop knowledge of colour, line, shape, patterns and texture. In the Upper Primary Years students continue exploring these elements and how they are used in compositions through art principles such as perspective and repetition.
Young children greatly benefit from opportunities to express themselves in non – verbal forms so they are able to develop emotional health.
|Objectives of the Visual Arts|
|· Promote life-long learning skills
· Foster personal reflection on the creative process
· Appreciate those in our local and global community who contribute in unique ways
· Analyse historical context in our society
· Develop exploration and experimentation of ideas and media
|· Communicate ideas through a variety of Media
· Engender personal responsibility
· Celebrate achievement
· Recognise the Creator God as the source of creativity
· Know that a personal relationship with the Creator God can be experienced and that understanding of life can be expressed through Art works